We have a number of services and clinics available at our practice with some requiring no appointment. In order to attend an appointment only clinic or surgery, please ring the reception or follow any details provided with the clinic information.
List of Services & Clinics:
Avoiding Unnecessary Admissions to Hospital
You will have a ‘named GP’ (this will be your usual GP) as the accountable GP who takes overall responsibility of coordinating your care. In addition to surgery telephone number, there is a dedicated telephone number for patients on the plan, accident and emergency clinicians, ambulance staff, and care homes. This is to support decisions relating to admissions and transfer to hospital.
- For urgent queries you can telephone us using the dedicated telephone line. Your urgent queries will be answered the same day.
- You will have a ‘personalised care plan‘. The care aspects will be shared with you and the document given to you. This document will have details of your medical conditions, results of laboratory tests, medications you are taking and allergy. Where relevant, your wishes on care, like end of life care and allowing natural death to occur will be recorded in the notes.
You need to keep this document with you at all times and carry with you when you access other services like accident and emergencies and out of hours service.
- Your GP, as the accountable GP, will have the overall responsibility of your care supported by a named care coordinator.
The care coordinator is the person, other than the GP, who sees you regularly. This can be district nurses, community matron or manager of the care home.
The care coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that the agreed care plan is being delivered, that the patient or carer is informed of any changes made to the plan and keeping in contact with the patients or their carer at agreed intervals.
- If you are admitted to hospital we will review your care to see if the admission was avoidable and also ensure you will have timely and coordinated care following discharge from the hospital.
- We will review your care every month.
- Asthma Checks
- Cervical Cytologies
- CHD Clinic
- Child Immunisation
- Diabetic Clinic
- Do you have poor health or look after someone who does?
- Family Planning
- Flu Vaccination Clinic
- Hypertension Clinic
- Immunisation / Vaccination
- Minor Surgery
- Over 65 Assessment
- Smoking Cessation
- Stroke / TIA Clinic
- Travel Clinic
- Well Women Clinic
- COPD Clinic
- Chaperone Service
- Treatment Room
- Warfarin Clinic